Full Professor of Surgery
Director of Operative Unit “ General and Breast Surgery” AOU Policlinico Vittorio Emanuele - Catania
University of Catania Medical School
Università degli Studi di Catania, piazza dell’Università 2, 95100 , Catania
Professor of Surgery at Degree Course of medicine, Residency Courses in Surgery, Internal medicine, Phd in Translational Bomedicine,
- Professor at center for Continual Medical Education for Sicily Regional Health Service Physicians (Centro per la formazione permanente e l'aggiornamento del personale del servizio Sanitario Regione Sicilia - CEFPAS)
President of ERSU Catania
Graduate School of Medicine, University of Catania 13 July 1979. 110/110 praise and proposed to award and dignity of the thesis Press
Qualification to the exercise of the medical profession - state exams II of 1979 session
September 30, 1979: admitted to the Graduate School of General Surgery, University of Catania.
During the specialization he attended the following international centers:
-Hammersmith Hospital in London (Prof. Blumgart) 1981
-New York Medical College (Prof.Del Guercio) 1982
-New York Medical College (Prof.Ashikari) 1982
-Memorial Sloan Kettering, NY (Prof. Fortner) 1984
23 July 1984: Specialization in General Surgery at the University of Catania with 50/50 praise.
1) Courses for Graduate Courses
AA 1984-1985 (from 3rd November 1984 to 31st December 1985), Adjunct Professor at the Degree in Medicine and Surgery
Since May 5, 1988 to 24th May 2016 Associate Professor
Since academic 1988-1989 AA 2000-2001 (from 3 November 1988 to 31 October 2001): holder teaching Surgical Pathophysiology
Since academic 2001-2002 AA 2006-2007 (from 3 November 2001 to 31 October 2007): teaching tenured of General Surgery at the Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
Since academic 2004-2005 to date (from October 1, 2004 to date): teaching tenured of General Surgery in the third year of the Degree Course in Techniques of Neurophysiology of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery,
Since academic 2007-2008 to date (from October 1, 2007 to date): teaching tenured of Clinical Surgery at the sixth year of the degree course in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
2) Courses at the Postgraduate School of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Catania:
From 1985 to 1996: Postgraduate School of Emergency Surgery and First Aid
From 1989 to date: the School of Specialization in General Surgery
From 1990 to 1994: Postgraduate School of Thoracic Surgery (ins. General Surgery):
From 1999 to present: Postgraduate School of Gynecology and Obstetrics (ins. General Surgery);
From 2007 to date: Postgraduate School of Anesthesia and Intensive Care (ins. General Surgery.
3) Courses in PhD:
Since academic 2000-2001 AA 2004-2005 (from the sixteenth to the twentieth cycle) teacher and member of the Academic Board of the Doctoral Program in SURGICAL PATHOPHYSIOLOGY.
From 2005 to 2012, Central Coordinator of the PhD Program in SURGICAL PATHOPHYSIOLOGY.
Since 2010 he is professor and member of the Academic Board of the PhD in "Multidisciplinary research advanced in the" transplants, in which the merged PhD in SURGICAL PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
4) International teaching activity:
From 1 April 1990 to 31 July 1990 dall'14 March 1991 until 28 May 1991 and from 1 September 1996 at 26 October 1996 Temporary Visiting Professor of Surgery at Jefferson Medical College of Philadephia University.
From September 1999 to date is Permanent Visiting Professor of Surgery at Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia University.
SERVICES PROVIDED IN ITALIAN AND FOREIGNER UNIVERSITIES AND RESEARCH CENTERS
- Commissioner in numerous competitions Associate Professor positions at a number of prestigious Italian Universities
- Commissioner by ministerial decree for the selection and appointment of the Scientific Director of the 'IRCCS "Bonino Pulejo" Messina
- Promoter of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Catania and the Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia for the exchange for clinical teaching partnership funded by the Ministry of University and Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
OTHER RESEARCH ACIVITIES
- Local Project Coordinator Interhospital - Oncology "Experimentation of a coordination of prevention, early detection, patient rehabilitation cancer through the use of an electronic network interospedaliera, analysis of the social effects", financed by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security social 22
- OTHER ORGANIZATIVE ACTIVITIES
I- the 28/02/2007, by resolution no. 363, appointed member of the new Ethics Committee of USL 3 of Catania, established under Ministerial Decree May 12, 2006.
- On 21/04/08 he was awarded by the Rector of the post of Chief Executive to "Institutional relations between the University of Catania and the chairmanship of the Sicilian Region
- In 2010 he was appointed by the Executive Board of the University Hospital Policlinico-Vittorio Emanuele II, President of the Research Commission, to coordinate and promote scientific research in Business field and interactions with the scientific and business structures at a local level, national and international.
- On 11 July 2012, by Decree no. 323 of the President of the Sicilian Region, has been named President ERSU of Catania.
CLINICAL ACTIVITY IN THE SCIENTIFIC FIELD
- From 14 July 1979 to May 4, 1988-
intern with care tasks at the Institute of Surgical Pathology Ia. 3
Inserted on the staff of the Department of guard duty, the elective surgery of Emergency Surgery and First Aid carried out by the said Institute as part of the Hospital Vittorio Emanuele II of Catania.
- From 5 May 1988 until June 16, 1996
- Associate Professor and equated with the help of the Surgical Pathology Department of the University of Catania (later known as the welfare point of view of the Level Manager)
- Submitted as I watch in shifts of emergency surgery carried out by the Institute. 37
- By resolution assessoriale and the Faculty it is proposed for award of the Breast Service of Vittorio Emanuele II to Prof. Chaplains. Resolution Faculty subsequently transferring the Autonomous Service Hospital Vittorio Emanuele II to the Polyclinic. 38,39
June 17, 1996 - Transfer from Hospital Vittorio Emanuele II at Policlinico Universitario- The I Surgical Pathology Department is named "General Surgery II"
- From 17 June 1996 31 July 1999
- Director of the Operating Unit level II General Surgery at the company Policlinico University of Catania
- From August 1, 1999 al 12 January 2000
- Executive Level II Director F.F. Unit of General Surgery II
- From 13 January 2000 to 31 October 2001
- Director of the Operating Unit level of General Surgery II
- From November 1, 2001 al May 26, 2002
- Executive Level II Director F.F. Unit of General Surgery II
- From 27 May 2002 to today
- By decision of the Director General No. 350 of 30/04/02 he has been appointed Head of the OU called "General and Breast Surgery" of the University Hospital Policlinico di Catania -, ogg University Hospital Policlinico "Gaspare Rodolico" - "Vittorio Emanuele II ".
It has more than 5000 high and medium surgery performed as a first operator since he is responsible for 'Unit of General Surgery and Breast
i10 y-index 45
Impact Factor 196.305
More than 250 scientific articles, mostly on international Journal, books and Books chapter.
H index 21
Questi contenuti sono visualizzabili solo dai membri registrati del Collegio. Effettua il LOGIN o REGISTRATI per visualizzare questa area.